Thursday, August 6, 2009

I am reading . . .

Evernight by Claudia Gray.

I just started reading Evernight, this afternoon. It's okay, but not much is happening! I hope there's eventually some plot to this book. At this point, Bianca is new at a private school called Evernight Academy (very exclusive, full of rich snobs) and she doesn't want to be there. Her parents are both teachers and they yanked her away from her childhood home, school and friends because they thought she needed new experiences.

So far, she doesn't fit in at all. She's shy and doesn't meet people easily. There's one handsome guy that she met when she tried to make a statement - she was going to run away for the day but it backfired when he tackled her, thinking someone was chasing her. That was funny. But, now he's ignoring her. So far, it's like all your worst school nightmares. Her roommate is horrid. I feel sorry for Bianca.

2 comments:

Bookfool said...

Hopefully, it'll pick up. I don't think the book cover clashes too badly. A little, maybe, but it's just the brown lettering, I think.

Twinkletoes said...

I fell asleep and didn't read any more, last night. Oh, brown lettering. Maybe should change that.