Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I am reading . . .

Secret Society by Tom Dolby

. . . because I'm a lucky chick and scored an advanced reader. It came autographed with a little thing that I think is a tattoo. See the ankh symbol on the back of her neck? That's the tattoo (or sticker -- not sure) that was tucked into the book. I haven't gotten far enough to say, but I assume it's the symbol of the Secret Society. Okay, yep, it's a tattoo. I just looked. Anyone want to come over and stick it on my neck?

The final copy isn't scheduled for release till September, so I don't know if that will be the final cover, but I love it. Her hair!!! Don't you love the gorgeous hair doodle? I don't know what to call it. Clip? Barrette? It's beautiful, whatever it is.

So far, I'm enamored of the writing style. More about the book when I finish!

2 comments:

BookAddict said...

Oh I want to read this!! Hey and I have an ankh tattoo already...a real one.

Speaking of stick on tattoos, Sofia got some from B&N that are Shel Silverstein cartoon drawings! Cool, huh?

Twinkletoes said...

Sharon,

I've already promised to loan this one to Alexandra, but I'll save it for you if/when I get it back (you never know with teenagers). You have an ankh tattoo? Cool!

Sofia's tattoos sound so cute!